Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I think the thing that I am most proud of would be presenting to a class for about 2 hours. Never in my life did I ever think that I would ever be able to do something like that. For years, I have always been the kind of person that has dreaded speaking in public, I would also blend myself in with the background. But after doing my 2 hour, I feel much more confident in myself, it has opened my eyes to see just what I am capable of doing if I just try. Doing this presentation in my oppinion was a huge boost in my confidence level, and I feel that for being a very shy person I did a pretty good job.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

      P       I feel  that for my 2 hour presentation I deserve a P. I did everything that was on the requirements for the presentation. I stated various sources, I met the time requirements, I feel that all the research that I have done was shown through this presentation, and I cited more than 3 sources throughout the presentation. I feel that I did everything that was asked for this presentation.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

   P       I would personally give myself a P. I personally feel that I worked hard throughout the year and I did what was asked. I did not miss a single assignment and I turned in everything on time. I tried my best with my assignments and did the best I could to make them good and meet the expectations that were needed. I personally feel that I did a pretty good job at doing everything that was asked.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

I feel that one thing that really worked for me was personally i-search and the blogs. I feel that i-Search really helped me with starting to reflect on my project and start organizing my thought and what I would say during the presentation. When creating my powerpoint I noticed myself going back to my i-Search and reviewing it to help me organize my thoughts for the presentation and helping me come up with a certain order. Another thing that I feel really helped me was the different blog posts we had to do throughout the year. In a way I feel that they helped me with not procrastinating as much. Through the blogs we were many times able to fix our thoughts and start thinking about future assignments. I feel that they were a really big help.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I think I would have personally not have taken a young scholars class during winter quater because if not then I could have helped Ontario High School with another production. I was actually really sad about not being able to participate in another play with Ontario High School. I would have really loved to have done more mentorship there.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

Senior project helped me realize of just what I was capable of doing on my own. Before this year I never really had the confidence in myself.  This year made me go out of my comfort zone many times. First with finding mentorship; I am a really shy person so having to go around asking people if I could do mentorship with them was a big deal. Then, with all the interviews. Before this year if I could avoid setting up and appointment and interviewing someone, I would. But with senior project, it helped me get out of that shell and just overcome my shyness and fears. It pushed me to do new things that I would have never done. This project basically helped me prepare for the real world where it is basically up to just me to solve problems and set up appointments, and do things with little to no help almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment